[TUHS] Help request: uucp, mail on 4.2BSD

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Mar 9 11:59:40 AEST 2017

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017, Arthur Krewat wrote:

> This is one of the reasons Telebit did the whole UUCP "g" acceleration
> in the Trailblazer/Worldblazer modems.

Yep, and they ran like the clappers; I can still remember its "moose
call" when it was syncing with the other end.

Ah, well I remember the time back at Strangled Tangled and Confused, when
we were being chipped by the accountoids for our long-distance modem
bills; when I explained to the suits that they were actually our head
office (bug reports and resolution etc), a couple of Trailblazers suddenly
appeared in our respective machine rooms.

$BABBAGE, but how I've hated middle managers since then...