[TUHS] UUCP: working systems, come and get them

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri Mar 10 09:19:23 AEST 2017

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 04:01:09PM -0700, John Floren wrote:
> Well, I'm trying to set up lanl-a, it's at 199.180.255.235:6666
> (theoretically). I've set it up to point at seismo but uucico hangs
> waiting for the login prompt.

OK, try this: Edit your /etc/remote file to say this for dialer:

dialer:dv=/dev/tty00:br#9600:

Now try:

# tip dialer

which should connect out over /dev/tty00 to seismo via the TCP connection.
Hit Return a few times to see if there is any response. On your host system,
do netstat -a | grep ESTAB and see if there is a TCP connection to
simh.tuhs.org:5000.

I also forgot. To be able to send e-mail, you need to add seismo to the
list of known remote sites in /usr/lib/sendmail.cf:

CWseismo

Cheers, Warren