[TUHS] UUCP: working systems, come and get them

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Fri Mar 10 17:11:03 AEST 2017

Warren Toomey wrote:
> Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
>> Is it ok to do experimental testing with that host?  I've never set
>> up uucp, so I do not yet know quit what I'm doing.
> Neither have I! But yes, feel free. In yur SimH .ini file, put (or change)
> this line to say

I'm using Taylor UUCP on a somewhat modern system (Ubuntu 12).

I managed persuade it to connect to seismo over TCP port 5000 and do a
handshake for protocol g.  A few packets were sent.

Now I'll see if I can inject email messages into this.  We're using the
exim MTA, and it's does exactly support uucp.