[TUHS] Help request: uucp, mail on 4.2BSD

Dan Cross crossd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:45:28 AEST 2017

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 9:51 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Mar 2017, Steve Simon wrote:
>
> > Maybe its the same one, but I remeber a special UUCP protocol which had
> > its MTU and timeouts carefully adjusted to get the best performance
> > across X25.
>
> And there was yet another variation ("s"?) designed for satellite
> circuits.

It seems that there was a whole slew of protocols at one time.
Interestingly, the FreeBSD documentation still includes a fairly extensive
description of UUCP (I guess these are really the `info` pages from Taylor
UUCP) that describe a number of different protocols:
https://docs.freebsd.org/info/uucp/uucp.info.Protocols.html

        - Dan C.