[TUHS] Help request: uucp, mail on 4.2BSD

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Fri Mar 10 14:40:23 AEST 2017

> On Mar 9, 2017, at 7:45 PM, Dan Cross <crossd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It seems that there was a whole slew of protocols at one time.

g:	the original
G:	a later (HDB?) SVRx version that did 256 byte packets and a seven packet window
f:	X.25 optimized printable-characters-only
x:	similar to above?
z:	Doug Evans wrote this as an alternative to 'f' back when 8-bit paths were not everywhere yet.
i:	'internet'  stream the data.

g, G, and f, we can get definitions for easily enough I think. For 'z' I can track down Doug, but Taylor UUCP should have the details.

--lyndon