[TUHS] attachments: MIME and uuencode

Michael Kjörling michael at kjorling.se
Fri Mar 17 04:52:52 AEST 2017

On 14 Mar 2017 08:56 +1100, from dave at horsfall.org (Dave Horsfall):
>> I can live with multipart/alternative { text/plain, text/html } messages
>> where the plain text part is actually _meaningful_ (my MUA is set up to
>> do nothing with text/html unless I ask it, at which point they are fed
>> through 'lynx -dump' plus a few other parameters), but have been known
>> to shoot back HTML-_only_ messages to the originator. Usually with a
>> comment to the effect of "this looks like it came through garbled". I'm
>> still waiting for the first such recipient to obviously take the hint,
>> but I haven't yet given up hope.
>
> Procmail?  I'd like to have that script :-)

Sorry, no automation, but it'd probably be possible to cobble
something together using procmail and formail. Just "unauto_view *"
and "alternative_order text/plain text/html text" plus hitting "reply"
in Mutt and coming up with something bearing a not too close
resemblance to insults. The exact wording tends to vary with how
annoyed I am at the particular sender at the moment.

Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se