[TUHS] who invented the email attachment?

Nick Downing downing.nick at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 14:11:53 AEST 2017

I can't speak to the original question since I was not around at the time,
but uuencode is really cool. When I first saw it, probably in connexion
with a BBS of some kind, I immediately went and wrote my own 6.5 bit
encoder based on some number corresponding to the number of printable
characters available which when squared gave a 13 bit number. Played around
with this and gave it to a friend for fun to exchange messages in. But the
original is obviously much more in use :)
Nick