[TUHS] 80 columns ...

Steve Nickolas usotsuki at buric.co
Thu Nov 9 07:18:16 AEST 2017

On Wed, 8 Nov 2017, Bakul Shah wrote:

> It is this spellingThingsOutInExcruciatingDetail that I find
> hard to read. Whether you use 80 columns or 800.  Why not
> think a bit harder and come up with shorter name?  Fix that
> and you don't need wide columns.

This is how I operate too - I use a lot of abbreviations (one particularly
hairy program I have has "havesnddrv", "iielc", "dblgrx" (have sound
driver, IIe language card, double resolution graphics respectively)).

Of course anyone familiar with the domain of what the program is doing
(it's an Apple ][ emulator) will probably understand the terminology.

-uso.