[TUHS] 80 columns ...

Jon Steinhart jon at fourwinds.com
Sat Nov 11 09:05:33 AEST 2017

Dave Horsfall writes:

> And yes, I'm a crusty dinosaur who won't adapt to the modern times; my
> windows are 80x24, with the occasional 80x40, but occasionally using wide
> screens for side-by-side diffs ("sdiff" is a wonderful tool), etc.  I also
> have poor eyesight, so I can't use small fonts.

At last, some honesty :-)  Beats hand-wavy rationalizations for doing it the
way that one likes.

Having only a 32" monitor on my desk I can actually make the fonts smaller
than I can read with my old eyes even though they're still crisp.  Been
considering getting a cheap 65" UHD TV as a monitor that I can hang on my
wall.  Would eliminate the problems with farsightedess.  Would also free
up a bunch of desk space.

Jon