[TUHS] 80 columns ...

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Sat Nov 11 09:52:24 AEST 2017

On 2017-11-10 6:05 PM, Jon Steinhart wrote:
> Dave Horsfall writes:
>>
>> And yes, I'm a crusty dinosaur who won't adapt to the modern times; my
>> windows are 80x24, with the occasional 80x40, but occasionally using wide
>> screens for side-by-side diffs ("sdiff" is a wonderful tool), etc.  I also
>> have poor eyesight, so I can't use small fonts.
>
> At last, some honesty :-)  Beats hand-wavy rationalizations for doing it the
> way that one likes.

I actually think people _should_ do what they are most comfortable
doing; individuals certainly vary and their preferences even moreso.

Adjusted of course for _team_ work. The more people who have to deal
with the product, the more reason to respect the well studied functional
typographic and cognitive norms.

--T