[TUHS] 80 columns ...

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Sat Nov 11 10:24:27 AEST 2017

Dave Horsfall writes:

> And yes, I'm a crusty dinosaur who won't adapt to the modern times; my
> windows are 80x24, with the occasional 80x40, but occasionally using wide
> screens for side-by-side diffs ("sdiff" is a wonderful tool), etc.  I also
> have poor eyesight, so I can't use small fonts.

If you like sdiff check out this:

http://www.mcvoy.com/lm/difftool.png

You have to install BitKeeper to get it but that's easy, go to bitkeeper.org
and hit the download button.  You don't have to use BK for source management,
you can do

	bk difftool A B
	bk difftool file dir	# dir means dir/file

and you get the highlighting that makes sdiff jealous.

--lm