[TUHS] Determining what was on a tape back in the day

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Nov 19 08:37:21 AEST 2017

On Sat, 18 Nov 2017, Don Hopkins wrote:

(LISTREVERSE}

> Chalk one up for DEC and BASIC. What other programming languages support
> that feature, huh?

You could probably do it in APL; you could do damned well everything else
after all...[*]

> LISTREVERSE and LISTNHREVERSE print the contents of the user's memory
> area in order of descending line numbers. LISTREVERSE precedes the
> output with a heading, LISTNHREVERSE eliminates the heading.

Why on earth would you want to?

[*]
And the novice asked the master: "Master, does EMACS have the Buddha
nature?"  The master thought for a while, and replied: "I don't see why
not; it bloody well has everything else in it."