[TUHS] A man easter-egg (gimme gimme gimme)

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Nov 22 09:00:42 AEST 2017

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017, Edouard KLEIN wrote:

> Was this kind of humor tolerated in the professional settings where UNIX
> first circulated, or was it frowned upon ?

As a former developer and manager, I would be really pissed off if my
programmers wasted their time on writing useless frippery instead of
quality code, and I would certainly have a little chat with them...

Or is that just me?

And is some M$ malware still masquerading as easter eggs?  Simple enough
to do: write it, wait for it to spread a bit, announce you've found a new
egg (but it may not work for everyone (and will now))...