[TUHS] Spell - was tmac: Move macro diagnostics away from

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 09:43:00 AEST 2017

On 11/21/17 3:48 PM, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> In the past, I've fed corrections back to aspell's author as bug
> reports, typically with a link to
> https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/panelling and they get into
> a new release every now and again.  He's moved to github, I see.
> https://github.com/GNUAspell/aspell

On a historical note, I am curious if anyone on the list remembers much
about the development of the first spell checkers in Unix? Good 'ol
remarkably accurate wikipedia suggests that it is descended from SAIL's
DEC PDP-10 version. Who wrote the first standalone tool for unix and did
they, as the wikip article says, base it on the DEC PDP-10 version
(surely it would have been c, not assembly)? I see the man page for it
in v6, but no executable. Just curious.

Will

--
GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF