[TUHS] Spell - was tmac: Move macro diagnostics away from

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Nov 22 10:13:42 AEST 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 6:43 PM, Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I see the man page for it in v6, but no executable. Just curious.

​There was certainly a spell by v6 in 77 timeframe, I relied on it and
remember adding words to it because the dictionary was small.  There was
also very slick side program called 'grope' that I was told was developed
using the spelling algorithms for the Bell Telephone 411 operators that one
of the OYOC folks brought with them [Karn maybe - I've forgotten whom].
 It had a different dictionary - that was its only disadvantage - so you
had to have two dictionaries on the system [grope split the words into 26
files and the indexed them in a interesting fashion].   But being someone
that can not spell to save myself, grope was a life wonderful addition to
my tool kit.