[TUHS] UNIX on S/370

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Thu Nov 23 00:09:41 AEST 2017

I had access to the sources.    We had a room in our facility that I referred to as the “toxic waste dump” where we had firewalled off to suit the IBM intellectual property hacks to approve us to have their

source code.    Somewhere, there’s probably an EXABYTE tape (no longer readable) with the source kicking around.   Yes, there were different directories under “mach” (if I’m remembering that) but this isn’t much different than any other UNIX port.   You’ve got your own startup, interrupt handling, and low level memory management.    Fortunately, all four of the mach types supported paging.