stty erase '^?' in v7

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Tue Oct 17 00:46:00 AEST 2017

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017, at 01:03, Will Senn wrote:
> Yeeha, I actually understood your answer :). I didn't know that the
> delete key served a purpose, interrupt, which is good to know. The code
> works, but it's odd without the backing up and erasing, I may just stick
> with # and @.

Well the obvious next step is to patch the kernel to do the backing up
and erasing.

I implemented this for myself once, but I've lost the code since then. I
*think* the right place is in tty.c, around line 489 (that's where it
currently handles the special echo rule for the kill character, anyway).
You'll just want to check for the erase character (and the same modes
that are checked for the kill character) and echo
backspace/space/backspace.