[TUHS} Running V8 ...

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Oct 17 21:47:53 AEST 2017

Don Hopkins <don at DonHopkins.com> wrote:

> I love the OpenFirmware “L1-A Forth” built into SparcStations. It has
> the “SEE” word, that decompiles FORTH words and disassembles FORTH
> primitives. You can start with “SEE SEE”, and then recursively climb
> down and see each of the words and primitives that defines it, or
> anything else!

Nice. OpenFirmware was also used in PowerMacs and in IBM POWER systems.
I thought it was a great shame that Intel didn't adopt OpenFirmware but
instead created EFI.

Tony.
Lundy, Fastnet: Variable 3 or 4, becoming east or southeast 5 or 6. Moderate
or rough, occasionally slight. Occasional rain. Good, occasionally poor.