[TUHS] Happy birthday, Dennis Ritchie! [ really sun vs dec/apollo --> X and NeWS ]

Chet Ramey chet.ramey at case.edu
Fri Sep 15 00:30:35 AEST 2017

On 9/14/17 9:27 AM, Rico Pajarola wrote:

>     If you have a version of bash-1.0, send it my way. We weren't quite as
>     careful with preserving milestone software versions in those days.
>
> it wasn't *exactly* 1.0
>
> The oldest version I can find with by running "locate bash-1.0" on my
> datagrave is version 1.05.

I have 1.05; it's the oldest version I have ever found.

> Do you keep an archive of old software somewhere? I spend a lot of time
> hunting down old versions of 90'ies era software, but it's becoming
> increasingly frustrating due to ftp services being turned down, especially
> at universities.

I'm only interested in old versions of bash, sorry. I don't really keep an
extensive collection of old software available (though I believe I have the
only ftp-available version of the original ash sources).

Chet

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    chet at case.edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/