[TUHS] Happy birthday, Dennis Ritchie!

Ian Zimmerman itz at very.loosely.org
Fri Sep 15 02:11:21 AEST 2017

On 2017-09-14 09:22, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> > He continues to be missed.
>
> And I just wish that the Penguin/OS community would realise this; if
> you believe those silly sods, you'd think that they invented Unix...

Maybe some are deluded like that.  But the more typical case (and I saw
this personally not just on "the Internet") are those who actively and
consciously disdain Unix, and want Penguin kernel based systems to move
to a completely new and different userland, free from any links to Unix
history.

And we should stop assuming they're kidding when they say so openly.