[TUHS] Tools and building: libtool, autoconf, etc. [ trying to have a relevant subject line ]

Noel Hunt noel.hunt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 07:00:00 AEST 2017

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned 'iffe', written by
Glenn Fowler and Phong Vo who were at AT&T. It is simply
a (large) shell script that runs 'feature' files. I have
had problems with it on 64-bit builds but I have had far
too many problems with 'configure' over the years.

'Iffe' deserves to be better known.