[TUHS] old X versions (was:X and NeWS history)

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 04:30:44 AEST 2017

On 19 September 2017 at 13:01, Steve Nickolas <usotsuki at buric.co> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2017, Gregg Levine wrote:
>
>> Oddly enough I also pursued and engaged a company who attempted to
>> combine an early X release with thier DOS based multitasking tool. The
>> discussion was rewarding, but it did not save the company.
>
> Sounds like DesQview/X?

I used it but it still sat on top of DOS.  I downloaded their
GCC-based development tools and tried to build something  for X (from
X.org).  I invoked the makefile and then went to finish laying
subflooring in my living room, only to hear the PC rebooting in the
other room.  It turned out that many of the header-file names were
identical in the first 8 characters.  This led to recursive inclusion
until it blew.

N.