[TUHS] Who is running their own mail server and what do you run?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Sep 21 09:06:08 AEST 2017

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017, Larry McVoy wrote:

> I tried running my own server on mcvoy.com but eventually gave up, the
> spam filtering was a non-ending task.

I've been a Sendmail bigot for years; I don't like the way that Postfix
works.

> If someone has a plug and chug setup for MX I'd love to try it.

My setup is highly customised for anti-spam controls, so may not suit
everyone...  And yes, until the last spammer's head is on a pike (I'm
serious), it is indeed a non-ending task.  I simply won't outsource my
filtering to a third party.