[TUHS] Another "craft" discussion topic - mindless tool proliferation

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Sep 22 03:33:41 AEST 2017

Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon at orthanc.ca> wrote:
> > On Sep 19, 2017, at 4:35 PM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso at mit.edu> wrote:
> >
> > If you take a look at how perl handles its man pages, with 188 man
> > pages in section 1:
>
> ... you quickly recognize the difference between a manpage (i.e.
> reference page) and a user manual.

I think it's a shame that the non-man-page parts of the Unix documentation
set have been neglected, in that you don't often get newer programs
following the style of the USD / SMM / PSD guides.

Tony.
Forties: South 5 to 7, veering west 4 or 5, backing south later. Slight or
moderate, occasionally rough in far northeast. Rain then fair. Poor becoming
good.