[TUHS] Excessive bouncing ... argh!

Ian Zimmerman itz at very.loosely.org
Sun Sep 24 01:41:54 AEST 2017

On 2017-09-23 10:12, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> Other proposed solutions is to have the mailing list software detect
> that you are using DMARC, and only having *your* postings munged so
> the from field says thus at minnie.tugs.org, instead of
> gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net.  That way only people who are using mail
> systems with DMARC get their From field munged, instead of punishing
> everyone using the mailing list.

That has been the reaction of every list I've seen react to the DMARC
problem at all.  Among others: haskell-cafe, exim-users, SDLU.
Initially I hated to make even this concession to "modern industry
standards", but now I think it's the best compromise, until the Internet
Octopuses kill email completely.