[TUHS] UNIX of choice these days?

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Tue Sep 26 02:14:13 AEST 2017

I have known about capsicum (& have been a fan of capabilities since
late 70s - even used a form of them in my last job!) but my point was to
suggest unix kernel simplification and something like that may fall out
naturally rather than having to be bolted on. Rather than write an OS
from scratch, incrementally evolve what works. Writing something from
scratch is always easier but you also end up relearning the same
lessons + much harder to get acceptance. But an embrace and extend
model ala C to C++ or what GNU programs have done stands a better
chance. Except that I’m suggesting “extending” by simplifying!