[TUHS] UNIX of choice these days?

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Wed Sep 27 03:34:19 AEST 2017

You probably know Brantley Coile did ata over Ethernet. AOE is a simple protocol so the client side driver is simple. He ran plan9 on his controller. One per rack. Basically you have a storage area network. Adding disks becomes very easy. His company is back in business if you want to buy some!

AOE is probably a better idea than FCoE, fiber channel over Ethernet, with its requirement for a reliable transport. On the other hand, may be there is need for encrypted channels all the way to disks.