[TUHS] Happy birthday, Internet!

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Apr 9 10:06:50 AEST 2018

Dave, first of Jan 83 was the day the Arpanet was supposed to be turned off
by then DDN who was running things and all sites were supposed to have
switched to the IP.   One of must have a copy of the DDN memo somewhere.

The truth is, it did not happen, there were a few exceptions granted for
some sites that were not quite ready (I've forgotten now).

That BTW: the difference between ARPAnet to IP and IPv4 to v6 switch.
 There was someone in charge, the US Gov - which was paying the bills, so
they could declare a red-letter day.  IMHO:  It really too bad, economic
got in the way of sanity so we still have v4.

Clem
ᐧ