[TUHS] Minor Milestone: Venix 86 "user mode" interpreter

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Apr 12 14:23:26 AEST 2018

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 9:30 PM, Nigel Williams <
nw at retrocomputingtasmania.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 12:22 PM, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> > So, I thought I'd share this here. Don't know if anybody else is
> interested,
> > but you never know until you tell people about stuff...
>
> Definitely glad to see efforts to reverse-engineer this software.

Cool...

> For the curious there is a good walk-through of Venix/86 2.1 being
> installed here on the MESS emulator:
>
> https://virtuallyfun.superglobalmegacorp.com/2015/
> 08/14/venturcomm-venix86-on-messmame/

Yea, this is where I got the XT version that's in my repo :) I've been
working with the Rainbow mess emulator author to get the Rainbow version
working..

Has anyone established whether all the various Venix releases have
> been found and which of the add-on tools have been found? like the
> Fortran and RM/COBOL referenced on wikipedia?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venix

I have none of them. I just have Venix... I'd love to see them...

Warner