[TUHS] Minor Milestone: Venix 86 "user mode" interpreter

Jim Carpenter jim at deitygraveyard.com
Thu Apr 12 14:52:29 AEST 2018

On 04/11/2018 11:30 PM, Nigel Williams wrote:
> For the curious there is a good walk-through of Venix/86 2.1 being
> installed here on the MESS emulator:
>
> https://virtuallyfun.superglobalmegacorp.com/2015/08/14/venturcomm-venix86-on-messmame/

I'm the one that wrote that walk-through. The challenge was very
frustrating because MESS didn't/doesn't allow double-density media in
high-density drives and the images I had to work with were a mix of
both. Also, the one bootable image supported only one floppy drive and
had no mknod. But I did win $100 for being the first to get it to
compile and run a certain program. Yay! Back in the day I had always
wanted Venix so it was nice finally getting to do something with it and
make money doing it.

Jim