[TUHS] /dev/drum

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Apr 21 09:35:42 AEST 2018

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018, William Pechter wrote:

> Also had a write protect like every good drive should.

Not only that, but I note that my Mac does not have a visible
disk-activity indicator; not surprising, really, as it seems to be
thrashing like hell whenever I have the temerity to focus (i.e. click)
upon another window.

Now, my Mac's system disk is external (don't ask), and it has a barely
visible blue LED, which is why I know when it thrashes sometimes.  I
intend to throw together a photo-transistor and a high-efficiency LED
(plus a 9v battery) for a more visible "Danger!  Will Robinson!" alert.