[TUHS] 3330s, 3340s, Winchesters... (was: /dev/drum)

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Apr 27 23:13:04 AEST 2018

Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
 |On Wed, 25 Apr 2018, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |
 |>|To be fair, Wikipedia is relatively accurate.  And if you find
 |>|something wrong in it and don't fix it, you have only yourself to
 |>|blame.
 |>
 |> It is not that easy.  For example there are people which "sit"
 |> there for a long time.  Not all of them are good.  [...]
 |
 |Wikipedia simply cannot be trusted (as if it ever could).
 |
 |You will get some imbecile who thinks that they "own" that topic, and when
 |you challenge said moron because you happen to have personal information
 |i.e. you were *there* at the time then the coward will simply block you.
 |
 |Wikipedia is only as accurate as the last idiot who updated it.

Unfortunately all reference texts like Encyclopedia Britannica now
only exist in online versions; the Encyclopedia Britannica was one
of the first i think (according to [1] computer mouse is even as
old as 1963-64!), the "Fischer Weltalmanach" the last i know of;
mourning of loss in German at [2], titled "A Victim on the Altar
of Availability"; me too: when i was young it was of value to have
an entire cupboard of editorially edited general knowledge at
home.

  [1] https://www.britannica.com/biography/Douglas-Engelbart
  [2] https://derstandard.at/2000077097204/Fischer-Weltalmanach-Ein-Opfer-auf-dem-Altar-der-Verfuegbarkeit

--steffen