[TUHS] /dev/drum

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Apr 28 10:19:20 AEST 2018

    > From: Johnny Billquist

    > For 1972 I only found the 11/40 handbook.

I have a spare copy of the '72 /45 handbook; send me your address, and I'll
send it along. (Every PDP-11 fan should have a copy of every edition of every
model's handbooks... :-)

In the meantime, I'm too lazy to scan the whole thing, but here's the first
page of Chapter 6 from the '72:

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/pdp11/jpg/tmp/PDP11145ProcHbook72pg6-1.jpg

    > went though the 1972 Maintenance Reference Manual for the 11/45. That
    > one also says "page". :-)

There are a few remnant relics of the 'segment' phase, e.g. here:

  http://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=V6/usr/sys/conf/m45.s

which has this comment:

  / turn on segmentation

Also, if you look at the end, you'll see SSR0, SSR1 etc (as per the '72
handbook), instead of the later SR0, SR1, etc.

	Noel