[TUHS] changes in C compilers

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Aug 26 09:14:13 AEST 2018

    > From: Clem Cole

    > Looking at the v6 distribution tape I have, the assembler versions of
    > roff and nroff was there

Whoa! The standard V6 distribution tape, as in the one there are a couple of
copies of in the repository, does not have that.

Do you have that in machine-readable form? If so, can you get it to Mr. Toomey
ASAP?

    > The order I remember is this ... V5, V6, Patches, Typesetter C, TS, V7

Where do USG and PWB fit into that?

The repository has PWB (or, what is _claimed_ to be PWB), which is how I know
the MIT system is PWB. But there is nothing of the others (except the kernel
manual for USG, which shows that the version described in it is basically V6).

If anyone has TS in _any_ form (including hardcopy listings, please speak up!
Those 'early' PDP-11 versions are very poorly documented now, and I'd love to
get more on them.

    Noel