[TUHS] Usenix: no official Unix 50th celebration, apparently

Kurt H Maier khm at sciops.net
Sun Aug 26 15:29:31 AEST 2018

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 10:31:27AM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:

> What do you think? 11 months to go.
>
> Thanks, Warren
>
> P.S. Nokia Bell Labs are also going to organise something, possibly a month
> earlier but I have no solid details yet.

Unsenix stopped being Usenix when they rode SAGE into the ground and
chased out all the sysadmins.  I appreciate the efforts of a lot of
people there to keep the flag up, but I've never understood the decision
to try to become ACM Lite (pastes great, less filling).

I'm super interested in what Bell Labs has planned, and anything
happening at the Living Computer Museum as well.  Maybe if we ask nicely
they'll let us play with the Blit!

khm