[TUHS] RetroNet???

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Aug 30 05:35:37 AEST 2018

On 08/29/2018 01:00 PM, William Pechter wrote:
> One thing that may make sense on the low power front...  I emulated 3
> simultaneous Vaxes on one RasPi...

Would those be independent VAXen?  Or would they be different CPU
cabinets of a multi-CPU 780?  Was that 785 or something like that?

> If you are less than secure (BSD 4.X) at least the host can be up to date
> with emulation. Running 4.2 with Sendmail 5 scares me.  Emulated  UUCP
> and maps less so.

This is exactly why we want RetroNet to be a walled garden.  Easy for
members to join and access yet separated from the Big Bad Internetâ„¢ for
that very reason.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die