[TUHS] SunOS code?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Aug 31 07:34:07 AEST 2018

    > From: Warner Losh

    > The trouble, as I was given to understand when I worked at Solbourne,
    > was that ... There were a number of third party bits and pieces in there
    > that could not be relicensed ... if there are other IP issues, not
    > limited ... It's that quagmire that efforts like this will run up
    > against.

Oh, we'll just ask Oracle for a license 'for all parts of SunOS for which they
have the ability to grant a licence'.

There's no way I'd want them to have to chase down all the corner cases,
that's just a way to guarantee it will never happen. I'd want to ask for the
bare minimum of time/effort on their part.

Anything above that, probably the SCCS stuff would be next on the priority
list, sounds like.

	Noel