[TUHS] RetroNet…

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Aug 31 14:33:13 AEST 2018

On 08/30/2018 07:17 PM, Cornelius Keck wrote:
> Same. I've used UUCP over IP for a long time, but my German peer went
> away.

What were you running across UUCP over IP?  I'd be willing ~> interested
in providing a connection from my personal server (currently independent
of RetroNet) if you want to play ~> learn.  —  Feel free to drop me a
line directly / off list if you (or anyone) want to pursue this.

> UUCP over modem I'm going to rig in the near future, after some retail
> therapy, like two Telebit Trailblazer (have one already) and a central
> office simulator.

I'm curious what you're going to use as a C.O. simulator.  I'm likely to
(re)acquire an AT&T / Lucent / Avaya "Partner" phone system that
provides eight (?) station ports, which include analog B1 interfaces
that modems can connect to.  It might only support 33.6 kbps, but it
will do the job.  :-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die