[TUHS] RetroNet…

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Aug 31 15:06:04 AEST 2018

On 08/30/2018 07:15 PM, Cornelius Keck wrote:
> Do I want to reserve retronet.us? Could host that here, as I have static
> IPs.

I'm not going to tell you not to do so if you want to.

I will say that I have registered "retrocomp.net", as in "Retro
Computing Network".

The person that has registered "retronet.com" (TLD is from memory) has
both expressed interest in participating and offered use of the domain.

So … I think for the moment we are going to continue with retrocomp.net
because that's what we have started with.

That being said, it is early enough in the process that we can still
change domain names if we want to.  I would encourage you to subscribe
to the RetroNet mailing list and start a conversation about which domain
name to use.

Link - RetroNet mailing list
  - http://mailman.chivanet.org/listinfo/retronet

> Having static IPs hanging of a FIOS line is cheaper and easier than
> dealing with a hoster..

*nod*

I run my personal services on a Linode VPS.  They have served me very
well.  :-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die