[TUHS] RetroNet…

Michael Kjörling michael at kjorling.se
Fri Aug 31 03:54:20 AEST 2018

On 29 Aug 2018 11:25 -0600, from tuhs at minnie.tuhs.org (Grant Taylor via TUHS):
> Our hopes are for RetroNet to be able to provide a sandbox / small pool /
> isolated network where members can interconnect with each other (if they
> want to) similar to the Internet, but with much less exposure.  (We are
> planing on RetroNet not having direct Internet connectivity.)  We are also
> hoping and planing to be able to carry any Ethernet based traffic between
> sites, routed or not.

This sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if I'd be eligible. What
would be the entry criteria? 20 years professional experience as
sysadmin on 4.3BSD? Physical PDP-11/780 running in the closet?

Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se
  “The most dangerous thought that you can have as a creative person
              is to think you know what you’re doing.” (Bret Victor)