[TUHS] man-page style

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Sun Dec 2 12:44:07 AEST 2018

On Sat, Dec 01, 2018 at 07:37:20PM -0700, Grant Taylor via TUHS wrote:
> On 12/1/18 4:09 PM, Norman Wilson wrote:
> >I think you missed my point.  The language I used was plain old
> >sendmail.cf.
>
> Sorry, I mistook the context to be that you wrote something to write the cf
> file / language for you.

I'm kinda with Grant on this one.  Maybe I misunderstood but what I thought
you did was treat the sendmail.cf as assembler for a weird processor and
then you wrote a higher level language that compiled down to sendmail.cf.
Which, if that's that you did, is pretty studly.  I think Grant was asking
what you did the higher level language in, he was wondering if it was m4
(which I doubt, if I were doing that it would either be some nasty perl
script that I thought was going to be small but wasn't, or I'd just go
to lex/yacc/C).