[TUHS] APL - was Re: man-page style

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 03:07:55 AEST 2018

On 04/12/2018, Toby Thain <toby at telegraphics.com.au> wrote:
> On 2018-12-04 2:48 AM, Dave Horsfall wrote:
>> I can only say one thing: APL\360...  Now, *there* was a write-only
>> language.
>
> For a more positive take on APL -- only for the open-minded -- try
> watching:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xCJ3BCIudI
>

>> Oh, the stories that I could tell.

When I attended an UML course -- about a hundred years ago or so --
one of the attendees was from Reuters.  He told us that they were
moving to C++ because they could not hire enough people to learn APL,
their preferred development language at the tim, even though willing
to teach them APL.  He thought it far better suited to their task than
C++.

N.