[TUHS] APL - was Re: man-page style

Paul Winalski paul.winalski at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 03:55:25 AEST 2018

Regarding APL\360, I interned at IBM's Cambridge Scientific Center for
a few years before joining DEC in 1980.  My first job there was to
write a link editor in S/360 assembler that would run stand-alone on
S/360 hardware (why I was doing this is an interesting story, but long
and way off-topic).  This was to replace an existing link editor that
was written in APL\360.  It was the largest APL program I've ever
seen--it ran for over 10 pages of solid code!  It also ran slower than
death.

-Paul W.