[TUHS] Travesty Generators

Wesley Parish wobblygong at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 19:39:21 AEST 2018

Hi

One of the reasons I enjoy emacs is Meta-X dissociated-press, which
turns the most turgid bureaucratic prose into something truly worth
reading.

Has anybody documented or provided a timeline for the emergence of the
Travesty Generator? (I know that text processing was one of the major
focuses of university research, as opposed to the more utilitarian
focuses of the scientific computing or corporate record keeping areas.
One early CompSci book I got from a second-hand booksellers in
Christchurch before the earthquakes, had a nice section on SNOBOL.)

So who wrote the first Travesty Generator/s?