[TUHS] OT: critical Intel design flaw

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Fri Jan 5 06:56:31 AEST 2018

On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 10:29:59AM -0800, Bakul Shah wrote:
> 16MB of memory) and installed 386bsd. I also played with
> linux-0.11 but I recall reading something about Linus using
> SysV as a reference and that was the end of my interest in
> linux!

As far as I know that was never true.  We used used POSIX as a
reference mainly because it was more easily available as a
specification.  So that meant that we implemented termios support, and
not termio, or the BSD variant.  The networking layer was all BSD
sockets; we certainly never implemented STREAMS, for goodness sake!  :-)

	    	      	    			 - Ted