[TUHS] Some resources for V6/PDP/SIMH newbs like me

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 05:56:34 AEST 2018

On 1/9/18 12:05 PM, Wolfgang Helbig wrote:
> Hi, Will
>
> may I point to chapter 1.0 of my operating system lecture notes at:
> http://doc.cat-v.org/unix/v6/operating-systems-lecture-notes/script/
>
> among others, it explains the assembler language, together with the description of the instruction set
>
> http://doc.cat-v.org/unix/v6/operating-systems-lecture-notes/pdp11/doc/cpu
>
> and finally the Unix Assembler Reference Manual(1) at
> http://doc.cat-v.org/unix/v6/operating-systems-lecture-notes/v6/doc/index.html
>
> might help.
>
> Greetings,
> Wolfgang
Wolfgang,

Your notes are great references. When I first started learning about v6,
yours was the first truly helpful site that I came across. In addition
to the enormously useful UPM and notes above, I really appreciate your
PDP 11 devices note:

http://doc.cat-v.org/unix/v6/operating-systems-lecture-notes/pdp11/doc/devs

Later,

Will