[TUHS] Request: Unix Photos, scanned ephemera, anecdotes, stories, interviews

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Jun 23 17:32:58 AEST 2018

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018, Warren Toomey wrote:

> All of the above would slot in with the upcoming 50th anniversary. If
> you do have photos, bits of paper, stories to tell etc., then let's try
> to preserve them so that they are not lost.

That would depend upon the Statute of Limitations (I'm in NSW, Australia)
and boy, can I tell some stories from the 70s/80s...

The snag is that Australia has about the toughest defamation laws in the
world.

Let's see: the boss of XXX Dept was known to be having it off with his
secretary (despite being married, but not to her).

Said boss was also observed rolling along the corridors in the
afternoon, and the operators had to intervene whenever he was
observed simply bouncing off the computer room door.

A boss of another dept was known to show his staff how to roll and smoke a
joint.

Should we need a "sealed section"?

-- Dave