[TUHS] off-topic list

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Sun Jun 24 07:21:04 AEST 2018

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018, Grant Taylor via TUHS wrote:
<snip>

> I recently wrote a script that checks (copies of) messages that are
> being written to folders to move a message with that Message-ID from
> the Inbox to the Trash.  (The point being to remove copies that I got
> via To: or CC: when I get a copy from the mailing list.)

The first rule in my .procmailrc does this with formail:

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| /usr/local/bin/formail -D 8192 .msgid.cache

Doesn't move duplicates to the trash, it just prevents multiple copies
of the same message-id from being delivered at all.  The 8192 specfies
how large of a cache (stored in ~/.msgid.cache) of message-ids to keep
track of.

--
Michael Parson
Pflugerville, TX