[TUHS] off-topic list

Derek Fawcus dfawcus+lists-tuhs at employees.org
Tue Jun 26 19:05:39 AEST 2018

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 12:15:42AM -0600, arnold at skeeve.com wrote:

> So what is the alternative?

Well, I've generally found that > 90% of my mail filtering needs
can be handled by the use of extension addresses (see my From: line).

I started doing that with qmail back in the 90s, and these days
tend to use a similar mechanism which is present in postfix.
I've even found that some sendmail installs (as a previous employer used)
support as similar mechanism.

It is only occasionally that I have to resort to procmail (say for
parsing stuff out of Atlassian tools messages), and can then make
its use simpler by having recipices which match a bit, then feed
the message back in to a extension address.  At which point delivery
may occur, or some other procmail rules may be run.

DF