[TUHS] Any Good dmr Anecdotes?

Jon Forrest nobozo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 11:45:25 AEST 2018

In the early 1980s my girlfriend (now my wife) and I were visiting
Bell Lab's Murray Hill research facility where a friend of mine
worked. My friend had nothing to do with Unix, but I asked him
to take us by the area where the Unix work was being done.

What my wife still remembers to this day is when we saw Dennis
Ritchie sitting at a terminal, with about 7 guys surrounding him.
They were all giggling loudly at something on the screen. My wife
couldn't understand what could be so funny to cause all those guys to
react that way.

Jon Forrest